It Doesn’t Matter What You Die From
Paperback, coming summer 2020.
Follow status of the project on Instagram.
- count how many poems are about chess, consider removing one or two
- consider the sequence of the book in a broad overview
- rewrite “Iambic Pentameter.” it’s kinda in iambic pentameter and it also sucks.
- revisit Bobby Fischer poem
- “to the rest of the world” is very bald
- avoid repeating that bobby cared about becoming champ
- ask BC for a notoriously boring essay to reference in the intro
- add citation for Patrice O’Neal on “human resources” poem
- add citations for Tapia poem
- collect all of Martha’s feedback from her doc
- collect everyone else’s feedback into a doc
- go through old sketches of book covers
- put all sketches into one file and start comparing / making a decision
- ask Brian what he thinks of the covers
- try adding a publisher logo
- revisit “Letter to my Dog” — feels like there’s a punch missing
- consider moving “Wonder” to the end of the book
- plan a launch party
- big ass invite list. make it.
- secure a space, preferably collins office
- specify a budget to buy shit tons of drinks and snacks.
Checklist for when you’re almost done
- check for all sorts of marker characters, i.e. 
- make sure table of contents is accurate as fuck
- check all your type sizes, clean up paragraph styles menu